torsdag 16 juni 2011

Me and Turners Syndrome

I'm making a video with me talking about Turners Syndrome and how it's affected me. I got help from a good friend formulating this in English. I was thinking i could post the text here on my blog, It might help someone out there. ^^
If you have any questions after reading this you are free to leave a comment or e-mail me on maria.masjl@gmail.com. NO questions are to big or small to ask.


My name is Maria, when i was five years old i was diagnosed with Turners Syndrome. Turners syndrome or TS, is a condition that generally occurs in women who are born without one of their two sex chromosomes. Women diagnosed with TS are all affected differently. Symptoms can range from mild to severe and can cause many drastic complications.

Patients with Turners Syndrome are unable to go through puberty by normal means, as a result their overall growth is stunted and most left infertile. I was fortunate enough to be diagnosed early. I recieved growth hormone daily and grew to be a woman of average height (5,4 or 164 cm), and by 13 i took estrogen tablets to go trough puberty. My life, however, is not without a few complications. I am gluten intollreant, I am treated for high blood preassure, I suffer from lymph adema, and i've had problems with my ears growing up.

Despite the hardship, i live a pretty good life. Now i'm 25 and work as a nurse. I live with my boyfriend and pet guineapigs, and i'm surrounded by plenty family and friends who love me. My boyfriend and i hope to start a family of our own some day, and plan to have children through egg donation.

Thanks for reading!
//Maria.




Inga kommentarer: